14 June 2016

An Acrostic for "Acrostic"

a·cros·tic
əˈkrôstik
noun
noun: acrostic; plural noun: acrostics
  1. a poem, word puzzle, or other composition in which certain letters in each line form a word or words

As stated by the dictionary definition of an acrostic, this form of poetry, puzzle, or general composition is a form in which specific letters in each successive line form a word(s). As I was contemplating how I could relate this interesting form of composition into a blog post, I realized that although I try to write at least every other day (hopefully more often), it is often difficult to think of creative writing prompts or exercises. Thus, as I stumbled upon acrostics, I decided to compose an acrostic for the word "acrostic". Although I created an acrostic for the term "acrostic", this creative exercise can be completed using any word - including the names of characters and places. Although acrostics limit detailed descriptions, this form of composition aids in flexing the creativity of a writer as a casual prompt. 


Another

Clever

Reason

One

Should

Try

Including

Creative Writing

(Although this acrostic for "acrostic" is a stretch, it is the best example that I could create.)
Also, if you would like to share any acrostics you have created, please post your acrostics in the comments section below this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment