10 July 2016

anecDON'T - Bee Up My Nose

It was a glorious day in the middle of spring. The grass across the street was a vibrant green, and the trees were fuller than ever. Peering out the window, I grinned, eager to venture outside. Frantically shoving my feet into my shoes, I laced a loose knot and bolted out the front door. I was greeted by a warm, welcoming draft that whistled across my face. Walking for a few steps, I then broke into a comfortable pace, jogging with ease.

I circled around a local park, and continued to the track of the neighborhood junior high. I was physically and mentally satisfied. The light exercise was relaxing, and allowed me to clear my head of jumbled thoughts. My hair was flopping in a steady rhythm, and my thin sneakers were pounding on the pavement in brief staccato. Approaching the dirt track, I slowed to brisk walk. Darting forward, I looped around the track four times.

After the fourth lap, I glanced at my watch: 5:27.

"Not bad, but I could probably go a little faster," I whispered to myself under breaths of warm air.

Resetting the stopwatch, I began to sprint forward. However, as I breathed in deeply, I felt a strange form squirming in my nostril. Shrieking, I crazily ran in all directions, constantly blowing my nose into my hands and forcing the shape into my palm and out of my nose. With tears streaking across my face, a bee popped out of my nose and continued flying, unfazed. Clutching my nose, I dragged myself back to my house.

Fortunately, when I returned to the house, no one was home, so I plopped myself onto the couch, gasping choked swallows of air. Although I did not immediately discuss this peculiar (and life threatening) incident with my parents, I was forced to explain what had happened as my nose became swollen from irritation.

Although this story is (unfortunately) true, I hope you enjoyed this anecDON'T. I plan on continuing this series on my blog and publishing other anecDON'TS in the near future. In the meantime, stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment